Published by The Dial Press in 1925, this book featured work excluded from the first edition of Tulips and Chimneys. It entered the public domain in 2021.
Thus far, 27 of the book’s 41 poems have been digitized. Here’s how you can get involved in adding more.
Table of contents
- Chansons Innocentes
- La Guerre
- I if learned darkness from our searched world
- II O Thou to whom the musical white spring
- III when unto nights of autumn do complain
- IV this is the garden:colours come and go
- V Thou in whose swordgreat story shine the deeds
- VI when the proficient poison sure sleep
- VII and what were roses. Perfume? for i do
- VIII come nothing to my comparable soul
- IX when my sensational moments are no more
- X I have seen her stealthily frail
who’s most afraid of death?thou
art of him
- XII perhaps it is to feel strike
- XIII when i am in Boston,i do not speak
- XIV will suddenly trees leap from winter and will
- XV a fragrant sag of fruit distinctly grouped.
- XVI by god i want above fourteenth